Presented at the GoAbroad reception during the annual NAFSA conference in May, the awards celebrate organisations, institutions and individuals with an innovative approach to international education and exchange programs.
“We’re determined to continuously encourage international educators to embrace innovation”
“The GoAbroad Innovation Awards are about showcasing the best in originality, creativity, and exceptional ideas for international education,” Nikki Powers, chief commercial officer of GoAbroad said.
“We’re determined to continuously encourage international educators to embrace innovation and enjoy announcing these awards every year.”
GoAbroad, a comprehensive directory for ‘meaningful travel’ programs – education, volunteering and exchange programs – founded in 1997, launched the awards in 2011.
Categories have been added over the years to reflect the range of programs available in the international education landscape and this year’s awards included 11 areas, ranging from Innovative New Study Abroad Program to Innovation in Philantropy, with the latest addition being Innovation in Alumni Engagement.
Nearly 200 nominations were submitted and the GoAbroad Awards Academy selected the 56 finalists and the 11 winners.
A full list of GoAbroad Innovation Awards 2018 winners can be seen here:
- Innovation in Diversity. CISabroad: Diversity & Inclusion in Marketing Audit Tool
- Innovation in Marketing and Digital Media. IES Abroad: IES Abroad Film Festival Event
- Innovative New Program – Study Abroad. Warren Wilson College: Appalachia to Cuba: Intercultural Approaches to Social Welfare and Education
- Innovative New Program – Intern Abroad. Beyond Sports: South Africa ‘Sport for Development’ Internship
- Innovative New Program – Volunteer Abroad. Team4Tech: Autodesk Build Change Program in Nepal, June 2017
- Innovation in Technology. Cultural Vistas: Free Online Therapy Services for Student Participants
- Innovation in Sustainability. Broadreach: Plastic-Free Day
- Innovation in Philanthropy. Pangea Educational Development: Pangea Publishing
- Innovation in Alumni Engagement. Lessons From Abroad: Lessons From Abroad Conferences (Nationwide)
- Innovative Student Video. “I Spy” by Bianca Cortner, IESabroad
- People’s Choice. International TEFL Academy
More information on the programs awarded can be found here.